Delicious Whey Protein Recipes
You can have whey protein in different tasty ways. You all know when milk has been curdled and strained to create cheese, the by-product released is a thin white liquid called whey or plasma milk. Whey is believed to be highly nutritious as a beverage and in the past was served in the coffee house. In the health and slimming industry whey is refer as a functional food because of its nutritional qualities. You can acquire whey either as liquid or as dehydrated powder. Whey is available in market as health supplement in different flavors.
Now we will see some of the delicious recipes containing whey protein.
· Whey Soup: First we will see the magic of whey in soup. You all know soup is an appetizer, now you can have a soup with extra health. In this soup you can use whey in the natural form as it is separated from milk in the process of forming cheese. This recipe is for four servings and will be ready in ten minutes.
Ingredients: 2 tea spoon oil
1 ½ tea spoon cumin seeds (jeera)
2 slit green chillies
3 cups whey
Salt add to taste
2 tablespoon chopped coriander (dhania)
½ cup cottage cheese (paneer), cut into small cubes
You can get 4 cups of whey from 1 ½ liters of milk.
Method: First heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add cumin seeds to it. When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies, whey, salt and pepper. Stir them well and boil it. Now add cottage cheese and coriander, stir well and sim the gas for 30 seconds. Last but not the least your soup is ready to be served.
· Hara bhara soup (Green soup): Hara bhara soup or green soup is a rich healthy and delicious soup. It is a good combination of spinach and whey. A health and tasty appetizer.
Ingredients: ½ cup green peas
6 French beans
3 tablespoon grated carrot
5 cottage cheese cubes
2 tablespoon spinach
1 piece of ginger
3 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon onions
Black pepper powder
Salt to taste
Method: First boil the green peas and potato. Now make a paste of boiled green peas, potato, ginger, garlic, onion with some water. Cut the French beans into small round pieces. Cut the cottage cheese into cubes. Keep aside the whey water separated from the cheese. Now start the process of making a delicious and healthy soup. Take the butter in the pan and fry the beans and grated carrot for few minutes. Then add the paste and mix, now add cheese cubes, salt to taste and black pepper, now stir it properly. Boil them in whey water, add spinach and tomatoes now boil them again. Now serve it hot.
· Sugar-free cashew burfee: This is a very simple and tasty recipe full of nutrition. Generally cashew burfee is made up of cashews and sugar but here you can see the cashew burfee without sugar.
Ingredients: 1 cup cashew nuts soaked in water overnight
¼ cup vanilla whey protein powder
Method: It’s easy to make it. Firstly take out the cashew nuts from water and mix cashew and protein powder in a grinder. Then take it out in a dish, press it down and placed it in the fridge for few hours. After taking out from the fridge cut it into pieces. A delicious and healthy burfee is ready to eat.
· Protein Besan Ladoo: Besan ladoo is a traditional Indian sweet dish made of chickpea flour, ghee, sugar and cardamom. May be this recipe won’t taste as good as the original ladoo but it’s an alternative for the people who are watching their diet.
Ingredients: 1 tablespoon ghee
1 cup chickpea flour
1 cup water
1-2 tablespoon sugar
¼ cup vanilla whey protein
1 tablespoon cardamom
Method: First heat the ghee in a pan. Then add the chickpea flour and roast it on low medium flame. Keep on stirring it until it changes to light brown color and start smelling like roasted chickpeas. When it is browned, add water and sugar. Again stir it for two minutes, so that all water is absorbed and mixture becomes fluffy. Remove from heat and wait till it is cool. Add cardamom and whey protein powder to it. Now make them round like small balls, besan ladoos are ready to eat.
· Banana Shake Recipe: Banana shake is the healthiest nutritional drink. Banana shake is excellent for people who require adequate protein for their growth. Now you can have a look on the banana shake recipe.
Ingredients: 2 bananas (ripe and broken into pieces)
1 tablespoon honey
½ cup milk
1 scoop whey protein powder (flavor according to your choice)
10-12 ice cubes
Method: First add all the ingredients into the blender. Blend the mixture till it is ultra smooth. Now add milk and ice as per your desire. You can serve chilled and healthy banana shake now.
· Brisk scrambled eggs: As you all know egg itself is rich in proteins. Here you can see how you can add whey protein to your scrambled eggs and make it more powerful and energetic.
Ingredients: 6 eggs
¼ cup milk
½ scoop flavorless whey protein
Salt according to taste
Pepper (optional) according to taste
Method: Mix eggs and milk together in a bowl. Stir it till there is no lump in the mixture. Now add protein powder and mix it again. Scramble as usual on low medium flame. Add salt and pepper according to your taste. Serve hot and tasty eggs.