How to identify genuine ON Whey Protein Supplements products
Optimum Nutrition (ON) is the one and only one company to manufacture items in every product category. It manufactures products as nutritional bars, protein powders, ready-to-drink shakes and energy formulas, or vitamins and minerals. ON has maintained its standard and quality from an era. Optimum Nutrition was established in 1986 to satisfy consumer demand for consistent quality in sports nutrition. ON is the first company to produce casein protein powder and first to offer an all-micellar casein formula. ON is recognized as the world’s best selling whey protein, leader in the governance of Gold Standard 100% whey. Optimum Nutrition is a wholly owned subsidiary of Glanbia, leading sports Nutrition Company. ON Gold Standard is the world’s best selling protein powder. It supports the repair and growth of the muscle.
There are certain things to be remembered about whey protein, when and how you should take it.
First Thing in The Morning: There is a big gap between your last meals of the night till morning so one should break this gap with the protein. You should choose whey protein as first thing in the morning, it will help in better way to rebuild your muscles.
Pre-workout: If you take a protein shake an hour before it will prime your body for growth with BCAAs and other essential amino acids.
Post-workout: After 30-60 minutes of the exercise is the most important time to take proteins. At this time enzymes and hormones are repairing and rebuilding damages done by exercise.
Between Meals: If you take protein shakes between meals will help you on keeping a check on body weight and fat. Whey is considered to be good appetite than other protein sources.
It’s tough to select a right whey protein for you. There is duplicity in the products available in the market so one should be aware in selecting them. Optimum Nutrition (ON) is one of the leading and popular manufactures of whey proteins. So you should take care while choosing ON whey products. Points to remember while choosing ON whey protein:
· Look And Feel: It is contained in a black color container with a red color label. The name and logo is embossed on the label. One should always check the logo and complete name on the container. There is a label enclose the list of ingredients and their compositions.
· Number of Serving per Container: You should be attentive to this number. This identifies the grams of whey protein based on weight. Some fraud brands use filler for cost cutting. So while you may be getting 2, 5 or 10 lbs of something, you are getting considerably lesser servings than you would with a good reputable product. You should figure out how much total protein you are taking by multiplying the grams of protein per serving by the number of servings per container.
· Amount of Protein per Serving: The number or amount of protein per serving is very important feature of protein products. Some people ignore this step imagining that either all protein powders are the same or that the expensive powders have more protein.
· Order of Ingredients: According to the law, ingredients in food or any supplement should be listed from most to least abundant or in technical language they should be in descending order or prevalence. This list is very important in selecting the right product. Never try to compare the products by their price, always check their ingredients and value. You should also avoid the fake and hyped-up adjectives that some companies use to describe common ingredients.
· Manufactured By or For?: There are some companies who doesn’t develop, manufacture or even distribute their own products, they only put their labels on common formulas. This increases the cost of the product which has to bear by the customers. Be aware of the phrases like “manufactured for”, “distributed by” or “packed for” , let you know that the company from which you are buying them didn’t made those products. So always remember to check the manufacturer of the product.
Note: Please always be careful while choosing the protein product. Your little carelessness can put you in danger. Always choose better products as health comes first. Identify all the points carefully while choosing ON products.